any tricks for using bigass pc's?

i've been trying out a number of powercords recently. most of these are behemoths. very large diameter, very heavy. i've had difficulty keeping the iec-end snugged up to my pre/dac, which occupies the top shelf of a 4-shelf zoethecus stand. i figure i can rig up a velcro cord holder to take some of the weight off the iec connection, but i wonder if any of you after-market pc aficionados out there might have other suggestions. -cfb
cornfedboy
only in your dreams, tim. i just heard from an unimpeachable source that you were rejected as an extra (in an outdoor crowd scene) for “boogie nights." :o) -kelly
albert: many thanks. is there a brand name for tie wrap? i assume they're in the "electrical" section, close by the many varieties of nylon cord collectors? -kelly
The ones I purchased were GB cable ties, and are USA made. I think Tie Wrap is a brand name like Kleenex, that get abused when attempting to describe a similar product.
There are different size cable tie blocks. There techinical name is a 4-way self adheasive mounting brace, I have lots of them at work we use them all the time, if you would like I can put a bunch in an envelope and send them out to you, let me know. I think the brand we use is 3M, like Albert said the mounting surface must be VERY clean or they will not stick, and if you "overload" them they will fall off regardless of how clean the surface is.
thanx guys. i've a drawerful of gb cable ties in every imaginable color and length. use 'em for everything. HINT FROM HELOISE: they make putting away and packing xmas tree lights an easy task. -cfb