Who needs drugs when you've got music?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/deceptivecadence/2013/01/17/169551061/who-needs-drugs-when-you-ve-got-musical-ecstasy

Does your stereo do this to you very often?

This is the only test of great stereo!
don_c55
I almost cried at a concert...I got my finger stuck in a speaker stand while setting up a sound system for a Pat Donahue show. After the show I told Pat that this concert had a strong effect on my guitar playing...he thanked me and then I told him it was due to the fact that I SMASHED MY FINGER.
I like this thread. It's giving us all a little deeper background about one another.
Just for the record, I have been moved to tears from music. If I didn't have that capacity, I know that stereo equipment wouldn't be so ridiculously important to me. Music touches my soul. Always has.
During a recent 9 year stint where I designed and ran a soundsystem for a monthly concert series, we also did a local cable TV interview show with the musicians playing a few live songs I'd record (single large diaphragm condenser mic mixed to a high end CD burner with light stereo reverb in some cases). I wasn't familiar with all the artists before taping, so I'd be sitting there at the board with my headphones on and the artist would start playing something that would blow my mind...John Gorka, Lucy Kaplanski, Garrison Star, and many others...a really intense thing...unforgettable.