What the heck is Resolution Audio

two people keep bringing up Resolution Audio cd players in posts. Does anyone else have any experience with them or even ever heard of them, or do we just have two company employees corupting Audiogon...
tbonephile
P-mmk A good friend of mine has the CAL 15 Last weekend We A/B'd them with double blind tests His new CD 55 is on order The difference could be summed up two ways Like lifting a blanket off the sound and much more detail without the grain
Soup, just curious why no SACD capability, don't get me wrong I would love to have CD55, a little out of my budget currently, the up sample rate is staggering 24bit/706khz, Elgars are 24/192 and are considered SOTA. Analog volume control is very useful feature for audiophiles, and unit has beautiful design exterior, I'm sold.......can you loan me $3000 for a while? regards Sam
Megasam, if you're "curious why no SACD compatability", why aren't you asking those that designed it?
Sam, sure I'll loan you $3k, at 25%; the unit is beautiful, but at night, in the dark, I just close my eyes and enjoy the absolutely gorgeous sound. It sounds better today than it did yesterday. Unbelievable. That's the only way I can describe it. And beautiful. To listen to that is.
I can almost rationalize breaking my budget for $3000 by telling myself if I get CD55, I can eliminate pre-amp and go CD only......then it just as if I spent $1500 on each component, but end up with better sound. Really $3000 is a bargain for SOTA CD player, as many are $5-10,000+ range but unless you make six figures still a large investment, regards Sam