SACD finally taking-off? non-classical listeners

It looks like SACD might finally lift-off this fall with the Rolling Stones releases. The engineer claims the SACD revisions sound 40% better than the standard on these hybrids.(Ice Magazine)
Meanwhile, there are some interesting releases on DVD-A that are too interesting to forego; Fleetwood Mac "Rumours", and "Crowded House". Both redbook versions of these discs are non-listenable with good equipment.
What is the answer for a "2-Channel Person" who wants great sound without the "snap, crackle, and pop" of the LP?
Is there confidence that both of these formats will exist in two years?
Is the purchase of a dual SACD/DVD-A player foolish, or the only answer?

Please advise,
CB
cbucki
Bishopwill, your lack of experience with proper analog setups renders your comments uninformed and irritating as well.

If you believe the record companies invented and promoted the compact disc to help us audiophiles achieve high quality results you are sadly mistaken.
Albert Porter states that SACD and redbook (cds)will be around for a long time. My understanding is the redbook cd's have an expected life of 10-15 yrs; at some point physical decay sets in. Please don't laugh at this comment. I enjoy both cds and lps, but I've read along the way that cds will not have a long life. Has anyone read similar things?
Calm yourself, Albert. My goodness, such upset about such a little thing. I regret that you were offended; such was not my intention.

The fact is that I had several thousand LPs for many years, a fine analog setup, and a very dedicated and careful approach to cartridge and arm setup and record cleaning. As twl notes, good equipment reduces impulse noise. It does not totally eliminate it as you very well know. Some people "find it easy to disregard" as twl observes. Others do not.

I'll ignore your remark about CDs as it had nothing to do with my post and does not speak to my opinions.

This is supposed to be fun. Let's let it be so.

will
I agree with Famaraca, why pay more for less! I agree with Sean , 80% of the population are not about to upgrade to SACD player. And not even upgrading their speakers or amps. SACD is a big gamble for Sony and Philips. The investment loss is a drop in the bucket in their loaded pockets, especially Sony (Sony , MADE IN CHINA, worth half what you pay) It's a shame that Philips channeled the SACD research into their version of the "Capitole" at a fair price. It's amazing how labs get blindly carried away with tech! New is not always better, most often it's not. I mean they already have the transport down to the worlds best..??? Anyway i've worked up a nice classical cd collection, i one of the majority that will remain a "plain old cd" owner.
Newton: I seem to recall some early concerns about the quality of adhesives used in CDs or something, but that was a long time ago. I've got CDs that old or older, and they're fine. Old news, my friend.

As for SACD, it will not "arrive" until Britney's *next* album appears simultaneously on CD and SACD. Don't hold your breath.