Where are you? Do you know what your FM is doing?

Wondering if folks would do the favor of checking in with their general location and tell whether or not the FM stations in their area make it worth investing in a truly fine tuner. Seems most market suffer from "compression-depression" these days.
4yanx
I live in Lafayette Indiana and I hate our radio stations. I swear they downloaded everything from Napster. Anyway, I sold my Mac MR71 knowing that it would never achieve it's full potential.

-Kevin
Like Mr Campbell I live in the Pacific NW in the town of Marysville I have been listening to a station where they play smooth jazz. Im not a wanderer when it comes to changing stations, I beleive we have a fair selection, I own a MD ETUDE and it has a dedicated yagi antenna 30 ft high I can pull in stations from BC and Vancouver island without any problem I feel you can have the best equ. 10b/ mr-78/ day sequerra and not have a GOOD antenna is like racing a Indy car on passenger tires. David
Hey, Seattle has KEXP. This publicly-supported station is worth getting a tuner for all by itself. See www.kexp.org
It's nice to see a station with such a broad range of non-commercial music that posts its playlists on the web so if you hear something good you can look it up. I've found all kinds of great new music this way.
Berkeley, CA and there are some great stations here like the college station (90.7 KALX), jazz station (91.1 KCSM) or classical (102.1 KDFC). I have a Marantz 2110 tuner (which I love) but I had the luxury of having a Magnum Dynalab MD108 here for a night and it made my jaw drop. Absolutely amazing. If I win the lottery it's definately on the top of my list. And the college station still spins vinyl. What more do you need?
Orlando has absolutely nothing worth listening to. The difference between Orlando and yogurt is that yogurt has an active culture. The good news is that I'm moving to the Boston area in a few months.