How to protect against burglary

I just wanted to get a idea on what other audiophiles have in place to discourage intruders and protect from burglary.

Any good ideas and recommendations for security companies to use?

Thanks
128x128ajay555
Some people seem to be confusing burglary with home invasion. A gun is not the solution to preventing burglary and advertising you have at least one is an enticing invitation.

When my home was burglarized the first thing the deputy taking the report asked me is if any firearms were stolen. They are coveted prizes and allowing a burglar to steal one only endangers other people.

There have also been at least two incidents in the local news where someone killed a relative or friend they mistook for an intruder. I mean locally, not the incident in Australia with the Olympic athlete.

I could have owned an AK-47, hand grenades, and rocket launchers but it would not have prevented my home from being burglarized. I WAS NOT HOME. And that is the first thing burglars check.
Purchase the largest and heaviest equipment you can get. It's a lot easier to steal a pair of monitors than it is to steal a six foot tall 200lb speaker. 100lb monoblocs are also tougher than a 30lb integrated amp.
Most "sane" states, and unfortunate enough to live in where they have "stand your ground" laws.

Please, save your psuedo-intellectually superior moralizing for other websites.
You make a good point don_s.

Burglary usually means no one is home. Agreed.

And I don't condone the "Uncle Joe Biden", "shoot through an open doorway" approach either. Know your target before you put your booger hook on the bang switch.

Shakey