Shelter 501 II - what to use to clean tip??

There are too many cleaning products on the market these days. Which would you recommend for cleaning the tip of the Shelter 501 cartridge? Thanks cats!!
equinox
I USE THE LP#9 ALSO.IT DOES DO AN EXCELLENT JOB,BUT YOU MUST USE IT SPARINGLY AND GET ONLY THE TIP WITH IT!!TOO MUCH AND IT HAS BEEN KNOWN TO WICK ITSELF UP INTO THE CARTRIDGE AND DO DAMAGE.I USE IT ON MY SHELTER 501 AND FROG.
Yes, RWD, you should see the looks on my friends faces, when I use the cartridge to fire up a Stogie! Just kidding!
I do get some looks, though, when I use this method, because people think that it will damage the cartridge. Hasn't happened in 20 years.
Much thanks for the above suggestions...I will attempt Twl's method, it makes total sense and costs zero cents!

btw cats// Which is the correct way to install the Shelter 501...screw in from the top or going from the bottom up?? I have mine screwed in from the bottom going up.

Thanks cats and a great 2003 to you all!!
Screw in from the bottom with the nuts on top. This gives you the ability to hold the nuts from turning when you tighten the cartride. The only cartridges you install with the screws on top is one with a threaded body. Keep the stylus protector in place when doing this, please!