Synergistic Research HFT + FEQ

I heard this tweak at RMAF and brought it home on a 30-day free trial. Unfortunately it turned out to be a real system killer. I had 20 of the HFTs and tried them with and without the FEQ, using a ladder to put them up and take them down repeatedly. I couldn't believe how awful it was. Made it hard to enjoy my otherwise excellent ~$45k system.

I had a similar experience with their Quantum fuse. Never did trust anything with "Quantum" in the title. HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses, on the other hand, made my amps sound significantly better.
128x128augwest
Joeyboyni,
I have quite a few Acoustic Science tube traps in my room with the HFT/FEQ/XOT's.

Do you think I should take out the Tube Traps?
Joeyboyni,
I have quite a few Acoustic Science tube traps in my room with the HFT/FEQ/XOT's.

Do you think I should take out the Tube Traps?
Ozzy,

No, you do what's sounds best for you in your system. I just explained my experience and what sounded best in my system. I'm just passing on what I learned and hope it maybe useful for someone else. If you think, your room will sound better without the Tube traps then do an experiment and remove them and then place them back in and report back here what you experienced. Good or bad, I like to hear what others experience. Maybe it will save you some $$$ if you like what you hear without them. I like to hear stories where people save some cash and then maybe it will apply to me. that's all. Thanks. Joe
Removing the Tube traps to "try" will be a pain.
I was hoping that you had experience using the HFT's without any other room treatments.
I just received 15 of the Audio Magic "Bells".
Compared to the Synergistic Research HFT's these are much better. Better with deeper, wider soundstage. And the bass seems to be clearer and stronger.
So, with the 15 Synergistic Research HFT's I have I am using them as placement Four & Five and a few other places.

Oh yeah and the Bells are much less expensive than the HFT's.