How much money do you want to waste?

From everything I have read there is no proof that spending mega$$$$$ on cables does anything. A good place to start is WWW.sound.au.com. Go to the audio articles and read the cable article. From there pick up something(anything) by Lynn Olson and then do some digging. Ask your dealer for any study done by any manufacturer on how cables improve sound - good luck. The most hype and the most wasted money in audio is in cables these days. It's the bubble of the day in audio and , by the way, one of the big money makers for the industry. You might as well invest in tulip bulbs. Spend your audio buck where it counts.

I have a couple friends who make there own tube amps and they get better sound out of power systems that cost less then a lot of people blow on cables.

Craig
craigklomparens
I just had an epiphany that what ASA is talking about has alot to do with classical conditioning.

It's quite abstract.

Anyways, I think he was talkin about the evolution of terminology being used in audio--how visual words such as resolution, bright, dark, openness, etc became daily jargon in terms of describing audio.

Classical conditioning is when a subject is sharing one stimulus response to various stimuluses. Consequently, when we see sudden flash of bright light, we evade our eyes from the source. This is tantamount to our ears wanting to evade a sound that is piercing our ears, because it is too bright.

So, we have two different types of stimulus, but only one word to describe the two differenyt stimulus, because there is only one stimulus response.

So, we describe, or give adjective, to stimulus, not based on the stimulus, but rather, based on our stimulus response to the stimulus.
Go to the VMPSAUDIO.COM website and get Brian Cheney's opinion of the high end.
Go to the VMPSAUDIO>COM website and get Brian Cheney's opinion of the high end.
Where on this site? I looked throught the harmonicdiscord thingy.... no find.
It is titled Money and the High End on the Hot Topics section of vmpsaudio.com not harmonicdis...... site.