Which cable will reduce harshness of CD player?

Have been experimenting with different copper and silver cables. My rig is all solid state and I find the CD source to be a little bright. Don't want to upgrade or downgrade or trade so I'm going to flavorize it with some IC's and SPKR cables. I tried the MF Nuvista Silver IC's and were too bright, but very pure, currently switching between Custom House and XLO. Going to try Cardas Quadlink next week. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
buckingham
Greetings Eric et al...
Got your email; I'll jump in here with my commentary per your request.

The U2000 fantastic one box internal DAC player is one of the smooooothest machines out there as is. Yes get a good AC cord, a good AC line conditioner, good interconnects, & enjoy. No need to filter through a tube buffer or an outboard DAC.
Cords that I've found work well with the EAD: Synergistic Reference AC, Custom Power Top Gun, JPS Digital, Kimber PK6, no doubt there are others...
My interconnects are the very neutral Synergistic Resolution Reference MKII (with active shielding), and for source component line conditioning I have the Chang Lightspeed 3200 plugged into a dedicated line.
The player sets on Black Diamond #4 cones, cones on a Black Diamond shelf, shelf on Vibrapods.
Sound is rich smooth airy & detailed. The player is fantastic; Optimize your rig for what the EAD is capable of doing for you. This is one really sweet machine.
Esoteric Audio Research Digital Reference comes in a version with a special filter/resolution enhancer. It's a patent pending design and IMHO beats all those outboard jitter filters. I have done A/B testing and there is no comparison. Although some might find $799 a meter out of reach, I'm sold on this new technology. It was not developed for the masses, as it is meticulously handmade. Just my .02.
I'd agree... don't use a cable to solve this problem. Power filtering would be the first step I'd try.
i know there's a lot of "cable controversy". i agree that cabling can have a sonic impact on a system. however, i also agree w/those who say cabling should not be used to try & correct any perceived system deficiencies. get equipment that sounds good to your ears, on its own merits, regardles of cabling used. after you like the basic sound of the equipment, then, and *only* then, should you experiment w/different cabling, to fine-tune the sound. much more cost-effective, & much simpler to obtain best overall system results, imo...

ymmv, doug s.

Just hooked up the new used Cardas Quadlink 5c Speaker cables into the rig. Overall, getting more information to the speakers. There's no real signature to these cables.. They don't have any distinct flavor. Apparently it takes 3 days for Cardas cables to settle in once you've disconnected and reconnected them. Not too sure if this is true, I guess we'll see. So now I know what is causing the brightness on the cd player. All along it was just the AC! All I need is a nice AC cord like the Cardas Golden. I'll start with the Quadlink Cord and if that doesn't work out with the player, I'll move up or try something else that you guys recommend to warm it up (looking for as short as possible, and under $200USD).