Best DVD as transport

Plan on buying a dvd player as a transport. Are they all the same?
128x128snook2
In planet hi-fi's 1997 review (planethifi.com) the Sony DVD S-7000 was considered by a host of senior reviewers as being the best cd transport (including audio-only tranport) regardless of price. I know this is hard to beleive, but hook it up and you will at least come to the conclusion that is very, very, very good. Now most audio dealers would prefer selling you a $ 4,000.00 transport, so promoting the Sony DVD is out. Current Sony best is the 7700. One of the very best transport money can buy. An ok stand-alone cd-player. And arguably the best picture for DVD's. All this wrapped in a solid, dual pick-up, whisper quiet machine. This, friends, is what we truly can call a no-brainer.
Just thought that I would bring this one back up to the top since the format war seems never ending. Any additional thoughts?
I own pioneer dv 09 I also own theta data 3 I can switch 'tween both from Purcell up sampler then into Theta gen5a w/24/96 up grade.In my system they aren't even close.'cause then we go into cat3. So it depends on how much your system resolves.Had a 414 in my system;lot for the money but I wouldn't want to put a cd in there,and have to listen.Not trying to be snobish,just don't kid yourself about the merits of dvd players as cd players
I, like Ampman66, think that the Sony 7700 is excellent. I do not claim that it is the best transport made, however at $689.00 mail order, (I recently bought one), it is truly amazing. And, I agree with the comments about the picture quality, it is remarkable.