CD vs. SACD vs. DVD-Audio vs Vinyl vs...

Which format do you like the most, or find to be the closest to the original master tapes? Or, if you attend live concerts (or play and instrument), which format do you prefer and why?
wenterprisesnw
Hi guys, I heard the Sony SCD-777ES today. There was a distruptive noise nearby the listening room so I could not thoroughly audition them, but it was still an enlightening experience. My first impression was that this was almost it!...The Holy Audio Grail. Remember, that this is a Sony product and although they certainly are one of the better manufacturers and innovators they usually end up not making the best machine. The superior Pioneer DVD players are an example that comes to mind. The standard CD aspect of the SCD-777ES is very good but not as good as some, it has a little bit of that Sony digital hardness. The SACD is another story, it is remarkable. I could pick out few minor critiscisms, but no matter what improvements they could make to it, there is an almost spooky realism, unlike anything I have heard before. In my opinion it truly does combine the bests aspects of digital and analogue. If they improve the format and recording techniques I believe there is enough of what people love about high end audio to please just about everyone. I heard this with the new Macintosh amp and preamp and the Vienna Acoustics Mahlers. Hope you all get a chance to hear one soon.
Yes Garfish - I am from down-under. I live mostly in New Zealand and sometimes in Fiji (hence two stereo systems) and am looking to do more of the latter in future. Unfortunately for me, Internet connections are somewhat transitory things in Fiji. By the way, the big sinks sound absolutely wonderful in the mids and highs, and even in the deep bass. But the upper bass gets smeared and thereby robs the music of too much life. The CD sinks only get half-way there in the mids and highs, but the bass is not compromised - indeed it improves the bass, particularly in pitch.
...spending one week on Morea island was much better than any "gear" i could have bought, for the money...Redkiwi, you know what i am talking about?
'Deed I do Eldragon - a relaxed listener is one of the best tweaks I have come across.