Anyone use a Pledge "Grab-it" on their vinyl?

Yeah, it may sound strange, however, it seems to work really well before using a carbon fiber brush. It seems to remove that last bit of "snap, crackle, pop" from the vinyl.

Any thoughts?
128x128nrenter
Hififile - if you do not have access to Sean's suggestion than clean the record with a grease cutting detergent like Dawn and warm water to get the Pledge grease off - don't overdo the Dawn thing - let it dry by wiping gently with a light smooth cloth and air dry.
I used the dawn & carefully washed the 2 affected records. After they dried I reapplied Gruv-Glide (my usual treatment). I'm not sure I got all the Pledge product off. I think I will stick to just plain old Gruv-Glide which I've used for nearly 15 years, with consistant, predictable results.

Are we sure we're all talking about the same product?

http://www.pledgegrab-it.com

I have in my hands a package of 20 Pledge Grab-it Dry Disposable cloths. According to the package, "...Pledge Grab-it Scented Cloths use an electrostatic charge to attract dust, dirt, and hair, which are then trapped in a web of specially designed fibers. Pledge Grab-it Scented Cloths contain no sprays or polish..."

Also, from the side of the package:

- USE CLOTHS DRY - DO NOT ADD SPRAYS OR LIQUIDS
- Safe on wood, ceramic, vinyl and may other hard surfaces
- Clothes can be used alone; the contain NO SPRAYS OR POLISHES so they won't leave a residue

I'm rubbing one of these cloths on a piece of blotting paper, and detect no grease or liquid residue of any sort. I'm not pleased about the "scented" part, but since I can't detect a residue, I'm not too concerned.

Note: I'm not advocating the use of the Pledge furniture polish, or use of any dusting spray. Now, *that* would be crazy.
Sean,

Which store in Chicago cleans records? I live in the 'burbs and get into town fairly frequently.

I use it. It works great. Just make sure you use the DRY type. Those work on static alone. They also have the WET type, which is pre-soaked with Pledge.

I found that they work better than the record brush. After a cleaning with my VPI 16.5, I give the record a go-round with the Grab-it. I wrap it around one of those Discwasher Padded brush as well.