Spades or bananas

Given the choice, is there a performance advantage with one over the other?
brianmgrarcom
As far as my two cents are concerned, I cannot really hear much of a difference. However, with spades you will generally get a tighter and better fit with the right kind of tools, hence a bit less chance for oxidation of the contacts. The cognoscienti generally prefer spades to bananas for better sound. But I find, I can get the same from bananas, if I can get them to fit really well and I take the trouble to clean my contacts regularly.
After posting this message I also submitted the question to LAT International and here is their response: SPADES ARE BETTER BECAUSE THEY HAVE MORE AREA OF CONTACT.
I think that a good set of locking banana's are a good alternative to spades. I've got a few sets of cables with locking WBT banana's and have GREAT confidence in the quality of connection that they make. Prior to using these, i had large reservations about banana's.

As our pal across the water stated, much of any connection is based on how "clean" it is. You might be surprised how dirty contacts get even though they appear to be "clamped" together. Sean
>
Any votes out there for bare wire? Having gone from the fanciest spades "backwards," I can't find any reason to reverse course, at least in my system (CJ Prem. l2s to Gallo Ultimates via Mapleshade wire). Just my 2 cents.
I doubt it makes any audible difference which you use. In a double blind listening test, I wonder if anyone would know?