Does anyone know of anyone/place that can reterminate cables

Hi,
I have a Nuvista M3 integrated amp. Inside it uses 4 6.5 inch single ended RCA interconnects. It uses the musical fidelity nu vista silver interconnect. Now these interconnects are not bad but i read on audioreview that some one replaced them with only a mid grade cable and found massive improvements. Presently, I am using Nordost Quattrofil interconnects. The increase in sound quality is probably reduced because whenever the signal travels through the internal ICs it gets degraded to "musical fidelity nu vista IC" quality. Anyways i wanted to cut my already too long (1 M) quattrofil cable and turn it into one 2 foot pair of rcas and 4 6.5 inch single rca cables. Anyways i was wondering how this could be done? Thanks a lot, - Ian
lordgorian
Yes, Nordost is $100 per end, even RCAs. So your job will will cost you $1600.
Ask your local hi fi dealer. Mine has made many repairs right on site for me. They have also reterminated some cables for me while I waited.
I agree with asking your local dealer. Mine has ordered upgraded spades or RCAs for me and soldered and wrapped everything very professionally, usually for free, but sometimes, I guess if I haven't bought anything from him in a while (becoming a more frequent phenomenon since I started cruising this site on a daily basis), he'll charge me for his time and the cost of the spades or whatever. it's always very reasonable, though, like $100 to reterminate a set of Transparent speaker cables with new larger heavy duty spades. And that included the cost of the 8 new spades from Transparent.
Also, jeff Delman at Value Audio (www.value-audio.com) custom builds DH Labs cables very meticulously and professionally and may be able to reterminate other kinds of cables for you at reasonable cost. I don't think you have to go to Nordost at $200 per end to get a quality job.