What's under YOUR turntable?

You're very welcome to be as informative as you wish.
(My apologies for borrowing on a similarly* titled thread in the Digital Forum.)
agonanon
A Townsend Seismic Sink spiked with aluminum cones to brass cups sitting on a Deluxe Justarack. The turntable is a Technics SL10.
The top shelf of a Merrill Stable Table (the original), filled with a couple of hundred pounds of lead shot and sand, in a separate room supported by a lolly column. TT is a Basis Ovation, with Debut platter, bearing and vacuum upgrades.
Rega p3 with rb 300 arm...
sits on our own design Silverline Isolation points
on a Lovan base that is 3/4 mdf top and filled with sand
coupled with spikes to footers to the hardwood floor
on concrete...
thats a mouthfull!
Works beautifully
Joe
Custom Audio LLC
Because my Clearaudio Ref TT does not have a suspension, and that it sits atop a standard sofa table which sits on a concrete basement floor, even moderate foot traffic near this caused problems which were amplified to the speakers.

I looked into the Vibraplane which was prohibitively expensive, considered Walker Valid points and a number of other less expensive isolation tables such as those from Silent Running. Everything was at least $300 and I was not convinced they would resolve my problem.

During an internet search, I came across a DIY project where a grid of tennis balls was used to float a platform for which a TT would be placed. The main difference I made was that I used racquetteballs in a 6x6 grid within a 1" high oak frame. I then placed an 18x18x3 butcher block cutting board (25 lbs) on this. Unfortunately the custom plexiglass cover for the TT was 19x19 so I had to attach a 1" wood strip on the left/right sides of the cutting board using corner brackets to support the plexiglass cover. Total cost of the project was $160 which took about 2 hours....not counting drying time of stain and varnish of the oak frame.

I can now jump on the floor next to the table and there's no sonic effect at all. I can also hit the sofa table very hard and again no effect. This would have been a disaster at high volumes before. It only goes to show what can be done for far far less money.

If anyone is interested, I can send pictures of the setup.
A 300 lb steel and lead laboratory isolation table. I got it at a local auction (actually it was in a lot of two and I sold the second one to a local Audiophile here on A'gon - Michael are you out of traction yet?!). I think it was made in the 1960's by a company called Vibrostat - I cannot find them listed in NY where they used to be, but similar laboratory isolation tables are still being produced by other companies and go for around $1200-1500, and probably cost your first-born to ship them anywhere. My TT is on inexpensive brass cones as well. Not recommended for the feint of heart, or weak of back! It takes two people to comfortably move either of the two parts of it. Seems to work very well, but I need to try it without the shock-absorber type springs on the four corners, as I think that may be an improvement. As it is, it is very sensitive to movement in the room. It is most definitely an overkill solution! I am just getting back into my vinyl so the jury is still out on this one!