This is THE powercord I want :

http://washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/nation/A47809-2001May18.html
ikarus
Bravo, Ikarus, for unearthing this article. The french PPC has been applying similar (maybe identical) process in supplying cables to the National Health & Hospitals board since 1999... There was talk about supplying such cables to be used in audio applications (the french radio & TV) -- but, I (at least) have seen no further mention.

Good to know cables are getting somewhere beyond alleged voodoo...
Thanks for a great article, something that is even more funny is that they are selling this cutting edge technology for $200.00 a meter. Howmuch did I just pay for my last pair of copper cables?
Personally I doubt that conductivity is what a great PC is about. Otherwise using the same stuff as you have in the wall as a PC would sound as good as or better than anything else (since 5 feet cannot be significant in the many metres overall). Nevertheless, a very interesting read.
Come out, come out, you lurking voter that disliked my post. Let me know what you disapproved of.
Redkiwi, I may be wrong here, but do you not think that the power cord material is just an extention of the power supply and is subject to the same improvements that say an Audio Note silver wire wound power supply and its benefits to that line of Amplifiers? In other words the better the copper, the more it will benefit the supply, if said supply is of commensurate quality. That is the way I see it. Even 5 feet will benefit improvements, just as only one link of high end IC, in a system riddled with junk interconnects will yield an improvement. What do ya think Red?.......Frank