Cartridge for Rega Planar 3 / RB300

I'd like to set up my analog table so I can enjoy some old vinyl again and thought I'd ask for suggestions. The cartridge I have on the table is an older Supex 900 Super with an in-line (read el-cheapo) step-up pre-amp.

Since I've been out of the loop for awhile, I thought I'd ask the collective conciousness. I listen to acoustic/folk, jazz, and classical music primarily.

If the suggested cartridge requires a step-up to line-level, I'd also be interested in hearing recommendations for a new phono pre-amp. BTW, I've heard good things about this Lehmann Black Cube (with the upgraded power supply) wondering what the local wisdom is on these?.

I've considered replacing/upgrading the table, but I think for now, my table has a great deal of potential if partnered with the right cartridge and pre-amp. Any help would be most appreciated. I'm trying to keep my budget under 1k for the cartdrige and preamp.

Downstream components are a Levinson 380, 332, and B&W 802 Matrix III speakers.

Thanks in advance,

Alan
airtaxi
Don't overlook the Rega cartridges. They are extremely detailed & dynamic, with outstanding bass. Only caveat is that they can be a bit bright in some systems, but with your 802s they should work well. I'd recommend an Elys or Super Elys for an entry-level for you; or you could go for a top-of-the line Perfect. All three are a no-brainer match for the arm & table, but make sure you have return privledges no matter what you buy, in case our tastes don't match yours.
:-)
I also love the Dynavectors, by the way, if the Regas don't suit your taste.
Ed
Lazarus28, you're right, I goofed. You clearly referred to the 10x4 which I somehow "read" as the 17D2 MkII. I've not heard the 10x4, so forget what I wrote above - my apologies.
I have the same turntable and arm. I love the Grado Sonata which I've coupled with the Creek OBH-8SE. I listen primarily to classical and the sound is very sweet. But I also listen to loud rock, and this combo serves that very well too. They are both not too terribly expensive. I think the Grado was about $500 and the Creek about $250.
This response may be too late given the date you put in your inquiry. I tried a Sumiko Blue Point in my Rega 3 RB300 table and found it flat. I changed to the Microbenz silver and found it to be an excellent combination with my ARC SP-9Mk II phonosection mated to a Bryston 4BST. I have the same speakers as you and still find them to be quite revealing with a decent analogue front end.

Good luck!
I tried buying a Dynavector 10x4 for $250 from a fellow 'gonner but apparently somebody from Dynavector took issue with the fact that he was selling something new in the box for less than wholesale prices. So I guess I'm still looking.

I did buy the Monolithic PS-1/HC-1b phono stage after much research. It sounds really good out of the box, looking forward to even better sound in a few weeks.

Thanks for the advice so far, looks like either the Dynavector or MicroBenz will get the nod.