Looking for warmer speaker cables

Hi,

My Magnepan MMG's sound a bit bright with the DH Labs Silver Sonic T-14 cables. I tried swapping interconnects and I'll be honest, I can't tell a big difference between the four different kinds that I have. What cable would you recommend to tame some of the harshness to the top-end. I was looking into Oval 9's/12's or ZuCable Julians. Money is tight right now so I really don't want to spend much more than $300, preferably less.

I have an Audio Refinement Complete amp.

Thanks for your help.

Pete
petewhitley
AP 9's. I'm getting rid of my bi9's if a future I/C change doesn't bring it around for me. Thinking of the AP silvers maybe or HT or something else, something! I want to go to toward the place you are trying to leave. Super buttery, and super smooth in my system and nothin harsh about them. But too much of it for me. Again, it's a system thing.
Pete, shoot me an email with some specifics about your system. I've got something here that you can try out at no risk. While it is not speaker cable, several others have had very good luck using one or two of these interconnects to do exactly what your trying to do. Some "regulars" that have been around a while may remember seeing a few comments about these made by other audiogon members and how much it helped to tame and fill out a bright or lean system.

As to Johnny's recommendations above, be forewarned that the AP's are relatively system dependent. Results have varied. For the most part though, the results listed here and in other places have been a "warming" of the system. Sean
>
hi pete,

i have an extra set of TekLine TL650 speaker cabling with bananas. tekline is a small direct to consumer company but there quality and sound is great. i'd be happy to lend you a pair and let you give them a listen. they are 8 foot runs and if you like them we can work out a price. i guarantee you they will be well under your price range yet equal or better than anything in that range. i also have a pair of maggies (mg3a's biamped) they sound equal to my ap oval 9's that i am using as my bass run to my maggies.
THE T-14 CABLES ARE BRIGHTER THEN SAY KIMBER 8TC.AND AUDIOQUEST INDIGO OR MIDNITE ARE MUCH WARMER THEN THE KIMBERS.SO THE AUDIOQUESTS I BELIEVE WOULD SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM WITHOUT KNOWING ALL OTHER FACTORS.DO YOU HAVE A CEILING PANEL TO CONTROL THE FIRST REFLECTION??IF NOT USE A LASER LIGHT HELD NEAR YOUR EARS AND POINTED TO THE CEILING WITH SOMEONE HOLDING A MIRROR TO FIND THE SPOT ON THE CEILING THAT REFLECTS TO YOUR TWEETERS.PUT THE ABSORTION PANELS UP AND THIS WILL MAKE A WORLD OF A DIFFERENCE,HOPEFULLY FOR THE BETTER!!! RICH
Rich, great idea. But you forgot to urge caution when using lasers, which is necessary to protect agaisnt the possibility of pointing the laser directly into someone's eyes. I am told lasers have an obnoxious effect on human eyesight.