suggestions for turntable set up around $6,000.

Wow! I just went to a friends house and heard a good turntable for the first time. I think it is time to take out some old albums and get a turntable. I have a Electrocompaniet cd player but the table sure sounded nice. I am looking into Shelter cartriges, and possibly a VPI turntable, and purchasing through AG will most likely be the path followed. Would like to hear some pros and cons of tables,etc. Concerns would maintance on certain cartriges, durability of all componets. I have a Atma-sphere mp1 preamp and a ma2 amp, Ralph at Atma-sphers said it is a great phono stage and should not have a problem with most mc cartriges. I JUST WANT TO DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME the 6k figure is not carved in stone but with all audio there must be some budget, at least for me. I also would like a table that looks as good as it sounds, all info. is really appreciated.
eralff
I would like to withdraw my recommendation for the Audio Advancements products.I ran into some problems with the products and Hart has been unresponsive and downright rude during phone conversations,not to mention ignoring e-mails.Nobody deserves to be treated this way after spending their money.I believe the way a company treats a customer after purchase, and should problems occur,speak volumes.TWO THUMBS DOWN.
Would you be able to answer my e-mail and let me know what kind of trouble you are having with your Morche/Eurolab combo?I saw your recomendation retraction on Audiogon.I would like to solve your problems.I would also try to correct the negative publicity.Please call me at 201-768-6986.Regards, Tom Hills- Hudson Audio Technologies.
Tom, My problem was with the Schroder arm.I believe something had gone amiss in shipping.I believe it was poorly packed and with my poor vision,I assumed it might be my fault.It was proven otherwise.Hart didn't want to be involved with setting things straight.I have, since that time,been in contact with Frank Schroder.He was kind enough to set things straight and has provided me with his contact information.I love the Eurolab Premier and I am glad there is another source for the table in the USA.I will contact you by phone on 7-22-03.There are others who prefer not to deal with Audio Advancements and his horse manure .
I have to weigh on this discussion first off Hart at Audio Advancements is a standup guy I have done business with him for years and I never had problems like the one's your describing also the man is one of the most respected men in High End audio I really feel you should recant your comments because it is hard to believe what your accusing him of!!!
I do not know any of the principals mentioned, but I do know that the Schroders are GREAT arms and worth a listen for possible inclusion in any discriminating system.