Free turntable speed check strobe

Just download and print out the strobe using printer.

Download free strobe disk (in Adobe PDF format)

Enjoy!

http://www.extremephono.com/free_turntable_strobe_disk.htm
extremephono
Maybe a dumb question but do we use 60 hz for USA? BTW thanks also for the link
Not to knock anyone or anything that goes out of the way to make system set up easier ( especially for free ), i would be curious as to how these stack up against a "high tech" method of setting speed ? Anyone tried doing a comparison ?

My main concern is that most printers are not very accurate. If you happen to have one that plays games with the spacing, you might actually be DETUNING the speed if using this as a method of setting speed. I guess we'll have to wait and see if someone can test it. I have a KAB disc on the way ( won't ship till Monday ) and i can try it out against that. In the meantime, i'll fire it up against a table that has digital speed readout and see how they compare. Probably report back with results tomorrow ( Monday ) night. Sean
>
Sean, I had the same thoughts, but this is certainly worth checking out for free.

I measured my printed strobe disk with a precision steel rule and the spacing and exterior dimensions were right on, which is a good start.

I already own the KAB strobe and disk, along with the Walker motor controller. This combo allows absolute precision in setting speed.

I hope to have my system running again in about a week or two. If you have not tested the free disk by that time I will try to do so.

If the free disk is as accurate as the KAB, it would be nice to have as a spare.

For those who have nothing, the free disk and a neon test lamp ( from local electrical supply ) would make an excellent set up.