Have you ever broken the needle?

I just purchased a Wilson Benesch cartridge (used) at a very reduced price. However when mounting this georgeous piece of equipment the pliers slipped when attaching the wires thus pushing the housing into the #$%&%!* needle and snappinig it clean off. Right there my heart quit pumping. Maybe CD's are the best way to go. Tell me your sob story. I need a good laugh.
128x128bozo
Post removed 
Loved your thread as I just had my Van den hul Grasshopper returned to me after four month visit to Neatherlands for new cantilever and stylus. I can't believe how long it took. MY maids while dusting dusted it right off. It was all I could do to not blow my top when I went to play a record and low and behold, no cantilever and stylus.
My dog got frisky one night and decided to run in circles around the room. On one lap, her leg snagged the power cord to my turntable and pulled it off the shelf causing considerable damage to the table, arm, cartridge, and ruined the record.

The album and table have been replaced, may my late dog rest in peace.

Oh come on, I'm just kidding. She did wreck my table but all is forgiven and she still reclines on a comfy pillow between the speakers.
Herman, it could be worse, especially when it's deliberate damage.

Have you ever seen a cat sitting in the middle of the platter of a Versa Dynamics turntable, chewing away the "fine as hair" tone arm wires and pressure hose?

My son remarked. "Gee, I didn't know kitty could fly."

(Well, the turntable part IS true.)
bozo: you used pliers on a phono cartridge? guess your screen name is appropriate. -cfb