Turntable upgrade: What to do?

I have a Linn LP12/Lingo with Akito arm and Benz Micro Glider L2 cartridge. I have been thinking of upgrading the arm, possibly to a Naim Aro or Ekos II. But as I think about it, I wonder: Would my money be better spent upgrading the table? Is there anyone out there who thinks I could do much better than the LP12 table? I'm still sorta new to analog and, though I like my table, I don't really know how much better it can get.
Thanks for any advice!
gboren
My REK-O-KUT is sounding better than my LINN. I felt like such a fool knowing that an $10 estate sale turntable would shame the mighty LINN. Someone bought my LINN so I had some extra money for LPs. Good Luck with those big buck tables!
My recommendation of the Basis 2500 and ClearAudio Champion Level 2 were made primarily on the basis of choosing TT's in the "reasonable" price range. The Basis 2800 is an excellent TT, and offers some improvement over the 2500. There is also, I believe, a ClearAudio TT that falls mid-way in price between the Champion L2 and the $12,000 Reference, but I have not heard it. My self-imposed dollar limit on suggestions was made based on assumptions I made about Gboren's apparent budget for upgrading.

I have had some short listening sessions with several of the TT's I mentioned, but not long enough to say with certainty which one is the "best choice". All will probably do a fine job with the right arm and cartridge.
Michell and Nottingham are two British manufacturers that have quietly produced some of the best TTs at their price points for decades. Some recent designs from others look a lot like the Orb and Space Deck, which have been around for years.
I am considering the same up-grade
situation. My Linn 12 has been modified
by George Merrill with new damped suspension,
syn. arm board, mat, record clamp, Morch arm
and Benz cart. Looked at Oracle, Basis and
SME tables. More ad money than table/platter
investment. Seriously considering Redpoint,Teres
(both DIY's) and Nottingham. Check out Schroeder
and Nottingham arms also. Try AudioAsylum website
before buying. We all take Stereophile, Absolute
Sound,etc. too seriously. Listen to other end users
also. Lots of choices,limited chance to try before
buying-good luck.
I was sort of in the same situation as yourself. Check out my recent LP12 upgrade adventures under the 'Extreme Phono-first impressions' heading.