Line Conditioners

I am in the market for a new line conditioner. I have it narrowed down to:

CinePro20
PS Audio Power Director
API Ultra 115
Tice 3C
Vansevers Ref Model

I like what I read about balanced power, but I also like my feature of switched outlets, which no balanced L/C has. I can live without the remote turn on of my system for better sound, but does balanced power KILL products in performance like Tice, PSAudio or Vansevers?

As much as I value opinion, I am interested in fact. Please give some facts based on your experiences with the name brands listed above or other similar products.

The Power Director is intriguing due to its features, but I am putting the finishing touches on my system, and don't want to buy inferior sounding stuff.

My system consists of:
Anthem Amp2
Lexicon Pre
Marantz DVD
Anthem CD
Transparent ICs
Paradigm Ref speakers
Analisys Plus Speaker wire

2-channel is most important to me.

Thanks for your help!!!
mdomnick
Ha ha ha on me !!! I must have posted on the wrong window !!! No CJ here !!!

But since I am here, I have a Vansevers Reference 85. I am very pleased with it. Since you have both a CD and DVD, I should mention that the Reference 85 has 4 (two pairs) of digital AC plugs. The two pairs are totally separated and filtered separately, so they will not polute each other. I use it with to keep a Cd player used as a transport separated from a DAC. It can also be used to keep the TV separate from the DVD player in a HT system. There is also a pair (2) of analog plugs and a pair (2) for amplifiers. Vansevers uses parallel filtering so the conditioner will not limit current like many conditioners do.

Jfrech,

Thanks for your response...I was trying to buy your Cinepro before I moved to IL. I saw you sold it, however I have found another. Gimmie some drawbacks of it. It's gotta have some.

thanks all!!
Another vote for the VanEvers Reference 85. Bought one a month ago for my 2ch system. Gives better dynamics and quieter background than my old SuperCompanion w/Silver Audio Powerburst powercord. You can buy at a discount at Midi Classics. Get their website from VanEvers dealer list.
You really owe it to yourself to check out the Platinum Power PP-1 (see http://tnt-audio.com/accessories/platinum-pp1_e.html and call Gary at Esoteric Audio in Scottsdale 480-946-8128 to see if he can get you one on approval). I've had mine for over two years and have everything, plugged into it, including my Rowland Model Twelve monoblocks and the two 400 watt sub amps in my Vandersteen Fives. It replaced a Tice IIIc and runs circles around the Tice. Don't be put off by the fact that the PP-1 is transformer based. It is engineered properly and dramatically improves the performance of my system and I have never been able to detect any negative side effects, as I did with the Tice and the PS Audio P-300 (on source only for the PS Audio).

The PP-1 is not well known. The guy who builds it is an unassuming retired electrical engineer, who spent years designing the unit for his own use. He has very modest financial ambitions, so does little to market it. But it is an absolute jem, and surely the last power conditioner you should ever have to buy. I've been an audiophile for over 30 years, and for most of that time was very turned off by line conditioners. But I whole-heartedly endorse the PP-1. I live in Phoenix where it is built, but I have no financial interest in Frank's company or any dealer who sells it. I just wish more people knew about it, so they could enjoy the same benefits I have derived from it.
pctower,

thanks for the info, i actually love to buy from guys like that. unfortunately, $2500 is out of my range. i'm close to finializing a deal for a cinepro for $1k (used of course).

thanks again...deal isnt final, so please keep the suggestions coming!!! I hate saying this, but I really like the Power Director. Just can't find anyone to give me an honest opinion on its performance:/