Transparent Cables - Worth the money?

Hi all,

I am considering a system upgrade which includes Transparent's Reference XL cables (interconnect & speaker). My current system consists of the following components:
ProAc 3.8, ML 383 & 39, Van den Hul Revelation Hybrid (BiWire) and interconnect VdH MC Gold Hybrid. Does it make any sense to upgrade to this extremely expensive cables? I am thinking modular: my following upgrade will be: Conrad-Johnson Premier 16LS, ML 33H. Any comments welcome!
koen
There are many ways to build a system that does not require "very expensive" or "reviewer approved" components. However, being "very expensive" and "reviewer approved" also does not preclude a system from being a reference system. The one I heard was indeed reference, and yet was expensive and reviewer approved. Go figure.
Gmorris, I don't know if any reference systems that are not going to cost you some serious cash. I am not talking about components that are a good bang for the buck but ones that are considered state of the art. After all "reference" is supposed to be the VERY BEST available, try to put together a system with every component fitting this cattagory on a budget......
i just upgraded my ref. xl to opus mm. i don't know about $ value but i also have some nordost valhalla in-home for comparison and the opus kills it. if you get a chance to hear the opus you will be amazed.
Mike:
Isn't the OPUS $23K for an 8ft pair, which makes it $8k more expensive than the Valhalla?
I suppose you have a lot of disposable income. But we only live once, so enjoy your music.