Is Audio Research PH3 phono the best for today's price?

It is know that for the analogue setup we can get Audio Research PH3 phono preamp for bellow $1k. Is there any better phono in this price range on the audio market?
I am currently auditioning one in my solid-state setup and I think that I should try something else to compare?
128x128marakanetz
If you can audition the Lehmann Audio Black Cube SE (the new version with the PWX power supply), I suggest you do so. I recently upgraded my Black Cube with the PWX power supply, and am VERY impressed with it. The new power supply makes the Black Cube a MUCH better unit, and at its MSRP of under $900 it's a real bargain.
I used to own the Ph 3 (tube)and thought very highly of it. However, you should compare it to the Aragon 47K (SS). They are so close, I sold my PH 3 and pocketed the $700 difference. Yes, the tubes have ever slightly better harmonics - better for classical (and this was with Telefunken and Amperx nos), but the 47K was more dynamic and actually sounded as-good-as and sometimes better on most everything else. Rarely found on Audiogon (hmm), I think the 47 k is a best buy for around $600 new! Mondial only ramps up the assembly line for a couple of weeks out of the year. Sometimes there is a waiting list for new units. Unit of choice for former Atlanta Audio Society Club President I understand. - A thought.
It depends on what you want. I had a PH3 loved it. Being tube based (Not all tube) it had some noise, but it was very minimal. Great detail, if you find a used PH3SE for $400 - $500 more, it's worth the upgrade. I now have an ARC Ref Phono, it's noiser because it's an all unit, but it's been upgraded by Nick Gowan and I use NOS tubes so it's very quiet and has great dynamics. ALL ARC tube gear benefits greatly from getting different tubes.
It seems to me that PH3 needs a freequent retubing like a baby needs its diaper changed. You change the tubes every 1.5 years -- it feels better and sounds more open and faster.
Any thoughts?