Which Cables for Sony DVP-9000ES

I will be receiving my new Sony DVD player any day and am curious on IC recommendations for the analog rca's out. Will be connecting to a Krell HTS preamp. What I understand, you have to use the analog outs to take advantage of SACD. Is that not right?
128x128gfroman
Yes the SACD is only output through the analog outputs, I use Transparent "super". They work for me, but cables can be one of those personal taste things like most other equipment. Try as many brands as you can. I have heard a lot of people using MIT with the Krell gear, there should be some synergy there.
Just for your information...If you have the HTS 1, which is the first generation HTS from Krell, you need not worry about which cables to use for SACD because your bigger problem is that the HTS 1 does not have an analog bypass. What this means is that the SACD signal from the Sony will have to be "digitized" through the Krell's DAC's before you can hear any sound. By doing so, you are limiting the frequencies and are not hearing true SACD because the HTS DAC's are handcuffing the sound. What you will hear will be better than "regular" CD's but, will no way sound like SACD direct. HOWEVER, if you have the Krell HTS 2, which is shipping next week, then you will get all of the benefits of SACD because it WILL have analog bypass and will not digitize the SACD signal. CABLES: try Nordost, they sound great and no matter which brand you buy MAKE SURE YOU BUY BALANCED XLR'S CABLES AND NOT RCA'S whenever you can.
Ericbee is correct. Although I have been emailed by a Krell employee that the upgrade for HTS1 will be available soon (2nd Quarter) to allow analog bypass. The degradation of SACD sound is horrible through the HTS. I use an analog preamp to listen to SACD in two cahannel. I am currently looking at getting a KRC3 or KRC-HR to listen to my analog sources. These both offer a "Theater Throughput"(TM) that allows the front channels' outputs to go through as untouched as possible.
BTW, other preamps I've found which have this feature: Sonic Frontiers, Mark Levinson,Conrad Johnson,Audio Research,Pass labs,and Anthem. If there are others, please let me know. While the HTS is okay at Home theater, it is not the greatest musical preamp, and the bypass would be a better solution for your analog (inc. SACD output) listening.
Also to answer your cable question, I use Synergistic Research cables for the 9000ES on Dig and analog outputs and I am very happy with them. Best Regards, Aaron