Firewire Question for iMac

I am about to purchase a Weiss Dac 2. The manual says to use a 6 pin to 6 pin 400 Firewire connection. Just making sure here - is the iMac Firewire 400 port a 6 pin port and do I purchase a 6 pin male to male cable for this connection?
puerto
Not sure why my iMac has both FW400 and FW800 but heck, I'll take it!
During the transition from FW400 to FW800, iMacs had both. You're lucky!
I have had good luck with Audioquest Forest Firewire 6 to 9 pin cables. Some sellers on Amazon sell them at quite reasonable prices.
I've just found a Pioneer DVD Elite DVD 47Ai player with iLink (aka FireWire).

I want to rip my personal CD's to Apple Lossless format via FireWire and store them on the Mac. Where will I find the necessary drivers to see FireWire as an input choice on my Mac running 10.5? Or do I need to upgrade to 10.6 and load Garage Band to get FireWire input drivers?

Or am I completely wrongheaded, and I really need some intermediate hardware that I don't know about yet?

thanks very much for any tips/tricks.
Bruce
Bruce, when you connect the Pioneer to the Mac via Firewire, and you insert a disk into the Pioneer, the disk should appear on the Mac desktop. You shouldn't have to install any drivers. If the disk doesn't show up, it could mean a number of problems. It could be a bad Firewire port, or a bad Firewire cable, or a problem with the Pioneer.

But I have to ask why you want to do this in the first place? If your Mac has an internal cd/dvd drive, you should use that to rip your music. If it doesn't have a cd drive (or it's broken), then the Pioneer makes sense.

I hope this helps.
Mark