INTERCONNECT-advice from knowers!

I am looking for reccomendations on diffrent interconnects to try in my system. My system consists of Dunlavy 4s, BAT VK150se amps, and Wadia 860. I have been using Harmonic Tech Pro Silway 2 balanced, it seems a little lean in the mids, and soft in the bass, but the images are so sharply defined, with a wide, wide soundstage that I keep coming back to it. I also for coparison have TARA Master Gen 2 which improves on the HTs weaknesses, but it seems to blur images together, and has a darkish treble that I don't prefer. Audioquest Lapis is also onhand for comparison. It seems to land somwhere in between the HT and TARA cables. I consider it the most functional of the 3 mentioned, but I would like to find a cable that keeps the strenghts of the HT and improves on it's weaknesses. I am getting a set of the Coincident interconnect for comparison. I would like to get recommendations from you guys who have worked their way up the ladder. My budget is 2k or less. Thanks, -Ryan
128x128ejlif
Take a look at Silveraudio.com they have a variety of interonnects priced accordingly. I keep telling you guys you have to try them to believe them! (I have no association with the company, I am just a satisfied customer).
Hi Ejlif, awhile back I had the Quattro fil, Mac, FMS nexus, Coincident and Kimber Select 1030 ICs. I was very impressed with the Coincident. I prefered it over all the above except the 1030. 1030 is too expensive for many. The coincident can compete and or surpass all the above for less than $300. I wish you well in your search.
I would recommend the Dunlavy Interconnects, Tice interconnects and the JPS Interconnects. JPS makes an interconnect for 299, which just got a rave review.
Hi Ejlif, I have a pair of Dunlavy athenas fed by VTL 185 monoblocks and 5.5 preamp with an ARC CD-2 and pro-siklway II. I feel exactly as you do pertaing the desire to keep the detail and soundstage but fill in the gaps with the HT cables. What speaker cables are you using. I have the Pro-9 and i'm not sure wether to change out the Whole HT line and start over or just work with changing the interconnects. Carl, sorry for my ignorance but who makes the Diamond X-3, Coincident? thanks
Audio Musing is the magazine that raved about the JPS interconnects for 299. This is a good magazine, because they will criticize a product, if they dont like it. Here's there site. http://www.audiomusings.com/