what happened to power cord review

Back on 6/17/01 there was a post by Lcat about doing a power cord shoot out. Does anyone know what the results were?. I've been waiting for the results to help me make an informed decision before i buy some power cords.
fleeceba
Dekay, a friend bought a couple of them and we did some listening right out of the box, with two weeks break-in and with six weeks break-in and both sounded alike and not to either my friend's or my liking, but to each his own....I think you would like the Asylum cord a bit better as it does stage and depth considerably better than the absolute as does the Parasound "Wonderful" cord that came with the HCA-3500.....The Wonderful cord was about $30 as I recall and the Asylum cord is $65 or thereabouts.....As I mentioned Norm liked the Absolute cord so well he replaced cords retailing for up to 2k with them, but think he has a different set of priorities.....My friend sold the Absolutes BTW....Oh, yes my partner, John Curl, has designed a number of phono stages in the past thirty years.....
I've been using Virtual Dynamics Power 2 cords for two weeks now, and greatly prefer them over the Absolute Power Cords. To be honest, I never heard much of a difference between the Absolute PCs and stock cords, but the VDs have really opened up the sound. Blacker background, more dynamic, and the soundstaging is astounding.

The three Power 2s are on my transport, DAC and preamp. I'm using an Acoustic Zen Tsunami on my amp. I plan on doing some switcheroos to see what, if any, the effects are. Initially, when I installed the AZ with the Absolutes it had a mellowing effect on the sound. Very pleasant. But swapping out the Absolutes for the VDs just brought everything to life. If you feel like trying the Virtual Dynamics, Rick has a 14 day trial policy. Good luck!

Dekay. Great to see you posting with regularity again!
I just received 2 Virtual Dynamics Power 3 cords today. Plugged one in (into one of my DIP's), WOW, instant improvement. Volume went up, noise went down, bass tightened. And that's brand new. I'm waiting until I get 'used to it' to plug the other one in (I think I'll put it in the pre first). The Absolute Cord is going to end up on my computer as soon as I get enough cords to replace all the stock ones, what a disappointment that was after all the hype.

KP
That's great Killerpiglet! Instantly? Wow. Actually, I didn't like the Virtual Dynamics when I first installed them. They were rough and congested. But after burning them in for a couple weeks I was completely floored. The same improvements you noted. There must be something to Rick's approach about mechanical versus electrical correction.
Gunbei, I noticed the same thing as you... Grainy and congested in the highs at first.. After a few weeks they were liberated :) Very open and smooth now. Who needs a Power Plant with these cables????