Do Silver Cables Hurt Bass?

Hi, I don't have any silver cables in my system, but I seem to remember reading silver cables do a great job in the highs and mids but fall short in the bass. In practice is this the case? Do silver speaker cables or interconnects hurt the bass? The only thing I can attribute to this is that siver cables tend to be a thinner gauge wire and thus do a worse job of transmitting bass information. What are other people experience?
dan2112
Recently upgraded to Silver Audio Silver Bullet 6.0's, and I can assure you that the bass was not compromised in the least; in fact bass response (as well as everything else) improved in a major way-fuller, deeper, & more extended. The Pure Silver Sounds are probably also worth a look.
Between 2 cables of the same gauge and construction geometry, one being silver and one high purity copper the silver cable will have lower resistance (ohms/ft) and therefore better damping with the amplifier so it will have better bass. If the gauge of the silver wire is thinner than the copper then the inherently lower resistance of the material can be overcome by the higher resistance of the thinner geometry and it will have less bass. As with Solid-State vs. Tubes the differences between silver and copper cables are starting to blur. By all means listen for yourself.
like hdm, i too recently upgraded to silver interconnects. there was no bass compramise at all. on the contrary, i think my new cables do a better job of controlling and extending the bass than my old (network) cables.
Do yourself a favor and call Celestial Audio ask for Ricardo and buy some Siltech. You'll be happy. The way the silver is made is liek no other how they fill the holes in the crystal with gold. Sound is out of this world. Works with any electronics, be it bright Krell to warm Conrad-Johnson tube. Just works magic. Never have I had better cable in my system