Cartridge / Tonearm opinions requested...

After 23 years of living with an Ariston RD11s I’ve decided it’s finally time to upgrade. I recently pre-ordered one of the upcoming Teres Audio 265 tables (with the cocobolo platter). I’ve been making myself fairly insane over arm and cartridge selection and I’d appreciate any feedback anyone would care to offer (Twl?).

Unless someone can relate a horror story I’ve pretty much narrowed down my arm choice to the Wilson Benesch Act 2. It was a coin toss with the Moerch DP-6 but I’m a freak for carbon fiber.

My short list of cartridges are:

Shelter 901
Wilson Benesch Analog
Koestsu Rosewood Signature
Allaerts MB-1 Boron

I haven’t heard much about the W-B cartridge. I know it is of unknown Japanese make. I would think the synergy with the Act 2 arm would be great but I don’t know much about it's sound characteristics. I’ve read lots of raves about the Shelter 901 (In fact I just ordered a 501 for my office system). The Allaerts is supposed to be imbued with magical properties that will forever elevate the life of the owner but I haven’t really read too much about it beyond a bit of hype. The Koetsu seems like the safe old favorite – it simply can’t be a bad choice…but is it the best choice?

The related analog gear is a Krell KPA phono stage, Sonic Frontiers Line 3 preamp, a Jadis Defy 7 Mk III amp, a White Audio Labs A250 amp. Speakers are custom Unity Audio Super-PARMs (four piece system).

Would anyone care to offer an opinion/comparison about these 4 cartridges and how they might work with the W-B arm?

(Sorry for the long post)
lasercd
Yeah, I have to apologize, Laser. I did not mean to disparage your phono stage. Just got caught up in the Teres/OL/Shelter possibilities. Good Luck! :-)
If you do want to start thinking about a top notch phono stage, then start thinking about an Aesthetix IO. Then you can stop thinking and start listening to music. You won't find anything that is going to beat that. If you can afford to go with the IO Signature with Dual Power Supplies, then go with that. It has enough selectable gain to take any cartridge direct-in, and has the best sound quality I am aware of. It is right at home in the highest of high end systems.
Well, the IO's performance is beyond question, but I know I'd be doin' a BUNCH of thinking if I had to spend six large on a phono stage! Ha! :-)

There is a particular option of a tube phono stage that offers a great deal of flexibility and at least approaches the standard IO for about a third the price and is much better than phono stages in the $3-4 K new range. When you get ready and would like to explore options, contact me.
Twl:

My friend just took posession of a new Aesthetix Rhea. I'm sure by the end of the summer the inevitable phono stage shootout will take place.

At one point I had an all Krell system. The KPA is the remnants of that system.
Just a side note, my audio dealer tells me that the WB tonearms are a bear to set up. I can't say I have any first hand experience with that arm. I have used a Graham arm for a long time and find it a great performer. Good luck on your choice.