What wire config for tri-wired speakers?

I am looking for personal experiences of those who have used speakers with three binding posts and different wire and amplifier configurations. I have such speakers which are currently mono amped and mono wired with jumpers from the center posts to the outer two sets of posts. Please be specific in your experience so that I can gauge the value and benefits of your trials.

Thanks in advance.

Bill E
lakefrontroad
Basically, what I'm saying is: don't waste your money on expensive bass cables. But for goodness sake, get rid of those jumpers, and use separate runs for the rest of the speaker. It should open up considerably and provide a smoother, fuller sound.
I triwire Alon Circes with a single run of Discovery Essential to the bass, and a biwire run of Discovery Essential (internally biwired) to the treble and mids. This improves bass impact considerably over my previous single triwire run. Of course, there is now two times as much copper going to the speakers.

Randy
Given that I use Jena Labs Pathfinders as interconnects and as speaker cables, are you suggesting as Tireguy and Gladstone, that I simply use four gauge wire as a speaker cable for the bass?