NBS or Transparent interconnects balance

I am currently funning B&W Nautilis 802, Krell FPB 300, Audio Research LS16 with Rotel 991 CD and Harm Pro 9 Shotgun. Trying to decide b/t NBS Monitor 4 or Transparent Ultra Xl or other superior alternatives. Please help.
snowok1bde
I had, heard or compared NBS, MIT, and Transparent. After some experience with the latter two, I would not recommend either (no networked cable, please). The NBS professional and statement are really fine cables. Professional has a bit more midrange bloom and the statement is flatter, more neutral. I have had no experience with the monitor. The only cable that I have heard that beats the NBS is the Kondo Audio Note (Japan) Silver interconnects and speaker cables. At the price range you are considering, give the Kondo Audio Note cables a try (see Sounds of Silence webpage).
I have used the NBS for many years and have gone through most of the different renditions. I currently use the Monitor O throughout my system. I have heard no other cable that even comes close. Most other cables sound like listening with ear muffs on in comparison. Each rendition has been a definite audible improvement. I have not had the chance to do a direct A/B with the Nordost Quatrafil throughout my system which a number of reviewers seem to like (HP for instance). I find, however, he oftentimes prefers a rather lean (i.e. anemic) sound. I guess my ears just are not as golden as his. I did have the Transparent XL Reference and found it to be considerably slower than the NBS. I was like some of the tube sounds of yore. I believe it is quite important is to "voice" your system throughout. Each piece of associated gear has its own characteristics and will have an effect on the overall end sound. They culminate in room interaction for the resultant sound you hear. Therefore what is the ideal in a single piece for Joe might not be the key for Fred in his system. All pieces of gear have their own sound (flaws). There is, therefore, no ultimate piece for everyone and the perfect match for every system. You must voice each piece to the combination of all the rest of your total system. Each time you change a piece you wind up readjusting the rest to reach your endpoint of satisfaction. Ain't it fun! Boato2
Another cable line which you might rewarding is Nordost. I echo the sentiments above concerning networked cables. Blue Heaven is a bit "fast", Red Dawn a smooth and quick cable, and SPM Reference, the best cable for the money. It can be found on the Net at about cost, used. One word of advice, never use cables to "voice" your system. Let the equipment speak for its sound, the cables simply transfer the signal, imparting minimal sonic artifacts to the signal being delivered. Fast, neutral, detailed. Three words which characterize the delivery of Nordost's cables.
I compared Transparent Reference (latest "XL" version) directly to MIT 330 Shotgun and AudioTruth Diamond x3. The Transparent came in third, the MIT was best. The 350 EVO is much better still. I've not heard Transparent "Reference XL", and after my own experience, don't want to.
i use nbs professionals, friends would bring there cd's over and would comment i cant hear that in my system, i would tell them it was the cables. everyone i let try the nbs cables didn't want to return them. one person has a krell with 801's another audio reseach, cat pre, maton logans. Cables were mits, audioquests, xlo's and it wasn't even close comparision. see review by robert harley in the absolute sound issue 122. nbs had best sound at the ces show i understand, why stereophile and the absolute sound aren't printing this is obvious a problem with the honesty and objectivity of the business.