Care to share your scams?

There's a current scammer alert thread about a scammer from H.K. Care to share your scams (more precisely , your scammeds)? Doesn't have to be in audio either and leave the
biggest scam of all, the stock market, out of it.
My worst one was 12 years ago in the hands of a 'friend' from Texas (friends are usually the best scammers ) who showed me tons of great oil exploration reports from an oilfield his family just acquired. I knew nothing about drilling for oil , just that he was a friend ! Anyway, in audio terms, it's a WAMM down the drain. I just never learn:"when it looks too good...
ryllau
Those damn trashy looking, sweet talking girls...ahhhh they get me every time. I just wanted to have "a good time" like they offered, who would have thunk it was against the law.
as i've mentioned before, i useta prosecute telemarketers and the like but now i defend 'em (anybody who can afford it deserves the best legal advice available). one of my more problematic (in as many ways as you can imagine) clients has recently come up with the ultimate chutzpa of telemarketed products: membership on state-supported "do not call" lists. you can probably hear the script in your head: "how would you like to avoid getting annoying calls like mine? well, have i got a deal for you........." -kelly
I have been contacted by your boy there Cornfed, or one just like him. I recall laughing hysterically for a long time after hanging up thinking it was the funniest prank call I had ever heard.
The overstocked speakers in the back of the van has been going on 16 years now ,that I know of. No, they are not stolden. In Canada anyways, a guy is southern Ontario makes these super cheap boxes .The current ones are about 42 inches high and 9 by 11 and are called monitor 9's or somthing like that. The packaging looks good, thay have soft dome tweeters and 2 6 inch drivers . They look slick enough to fool the novice.
They cost about 110.00 $CAD. to make. I have not heard a pair my self but have been told they are ok for a novice. The con person who runs this has a system down pat. A couple of guys pick city, lease some expensive SUV s
and go to whomever will listen about how they were just delivering speakers and got pairs loaded in the truck instead of individual speakers and now they have just 4 pairs of speakers at incredable prices. They often have an invoice in hand to justify a list price. I watched this happen just last week to some guy who couldn't refuse such a bargain.
Like all con men they appeal to our inability to get somthing for next to nothing weather we need it or not.
cheers steve
A bit of a scam. Sign on a Petro-Canada gas station near my home read "Temporarily closed. To serve you better, soon self-serve ". You know how cold it gets here in the winter to pump it yourself?