What's in your CDP tonight? the minority report

I enjoy vinyl and digital (lately, with recent changes, vinyl actually sounds better than digital to me), BUT given what seems an overall preference for analog/vinyl on A'gon, I'm curious what the non-vinyl "1/2" is listening to. I tried to see if this was a previously posted question. Did not seem so.

This evening for me, it's Genesis (definitive edition remaster) "A Trick of the Tail".

128x128ghosthouse
Kelly Joe Phelps - "Brother Sinner & The Whale"...for them as got ears to hear.

Johann Johannsson - "Englabörn" & "Virthulegu Forsetar". The initial and sophomore releases from this Icelandic composer. Modern classical. Englabörn was the score for a play. Both are beautiful. My preference the Forsetar, however.

Loomis - I did check out Hiss Golden Messenger's "Bad Debt". Had a good listen (headphones) to virtually the whole thing. I can definitely hear the talent in Golden Messenger - lyrics especially. The arrangements are pretty sparse. Sometimes that works for me. Other times, leaves me wanting more excitement. I'll revisit though because with new music, first impressions aren't always the final word...sometimes it takes a little perseverance to breakthrough.

Did some sampling of Liquor Giants, Even & Trespassers William. I have them saved on my Spotify account and will try again in the future. First time 'round not grabbing me too much. (Never was a big Mazzy Star fan).

Hope you aren't put off by my lukewarm reception. Definitely NO need to shut up. Keep 'em coming. Always glad when it's more than just me and Pokey putting up songwriters and titles.
ghost, hiss golden meesenger's definitely mood music--not something you'd put on at the gym, more like something you'd listen to before a solitary peyote trip.
i did listen to the jo johanasson--it's sort of a less electronic take on the ethereal sigur ros thing. also moody and somber as hell, but i dug it a lot--made a long playlist of his stuff for tomorrow at work. i like kelly jo phelps, too--he seems to be less an acoustic bluesman these days and more ambitious in his sound/writing
Bruce Cockburn - Rumors of Glory - Disc's 1 - 3 and part of 4

This is from his newly-released box set. The man is a legendary player and lyricist. The re-mastering on this is quite excellent as well.

Sampling Kelly Joe Phelps "Brother Sinner & The Whale". I do enjoy the down-tempo numbers and his POV.