Top Audio Designers Of All Time?

We have all had fun and world of info have spilled forth from Audiogon members. Lets give ourselves a round of applause. From me a sincere "Well Done" to all members that have participated. I have learned a great deal. In this thread,which may be a little esoteric for some,lets hear from members that support certain designers. After all if not for their dedication and genius,we would not have the topic or equipment. Ill start the thread for the inventor Thomas Alva Edison.For it was his revolution,that we now find ourselves here. In the more contemporary era I vote for Nelson Pass. His white paper on Cascode/Stasis toplogy was and is truly ground breaking. In my opinion since 1975,other designs are a variation on a theme of Pass.
ferrari
Have to tip my hat to all of the great names that were submitted here. Perhaps I can vote for all of them, and add a few that were not yet mentioned. Dick Sequerra(too many great products to list), Richard Modafieri(Infinite Slope Crossover), John Bowers(B & W), and Irving(Bud) Fried. Regrettably, there are many others, I just can't come up with them off the top of my head.
I guess we have been a bit remiss here in not menetioning Dave Reich of Classe Audio. Have just had a listen to the DR 2 power amp. 25 watts Class A. Apparently he designed and produced some very exemplary high end audio. He has been around certainly long to merit a menetion in this thread. Understand he is no longer with Classe. His products with Classe carry the DR prefix to the model number. Was most impressed with the DR 2.
Keith Johnson of Spectral Audio, Reference Recordings, and Pacific Microsonics, for nearly 50 years of work in analog and digital design, with many firsts and many, many highly regarded designs to his credit.
Sorry guys, but depending on your definition of "top" it is arguably Bose. $$$$$$$$$.

Actually, in 1956, when Bose was a MIT prof, he had a multidriver (I think it was 24) speaker system set up in the MIT music library that was cutting edge technology for the time.

Apart from that, another vote for Hafler.
Richard Shahinian gets my vote. His omnidirectional dynamic loudspeakers are off the beaten path but on the right one.