Best and Worst customer service?

My vote goes for Sonic Frontiers, as Best! I was contacted within an hours, after e-mailing a question. Wery friendly and helpfull!(they can count me-in on the next purchase) Thw Worst? Linn audio! It's been over a month since i submited a Q! I am stll e-mailing the question...i am sort of amused by now!
eldragon
Hey Shaq, try calling B & K and ask for Jerry. They have an 800 number that can probably be found in the Audiogon manufacturers forum. Jerry will help you out with ANYTHING that you need to know and do it in a down to earth fashion. VERY good to work with and quite honest about what to expect. Sean
>
My system currently consists of products manfactured by Mark Levinson, Proceed, B&W, Pass, VPI and Transparent. All have been outstanding. They have answered questions in a timely mannner and stayed with it until I was happy. The worst.......Sumiko. My dealer has been requesting info on ths SME V tonearm for me for over a year and they have never sent it. Fortunately, repalcing the arm has not been a high priority for me, but it is now the next item on the upgrade list. If I can figure out a way to get the SME V arm without going behind the back of my dealer, but cutting Sumiko out of the deal, I would plop down the credit card in a heartbeat.
doug28450: the sme 5 has been around for a decade or more (i had one on a tnt2 back in the late 80's). you should thus be able to find a used one without much trouble. BTW, have you gotten to hear the sme5 on yours or a like tt? it does tend to be a bit bass heavy and can sound rather dark with a number of cartridges. i always loved its build quality, despite these sonic characteristics; its easily adjustable (except for azimuth, as i recollect) and once adjusted will hold its place forever.
Thru the years i have found the following to be excellent to very good, Michael Kelly from Aerial(excellent AAA+) Robert from Classe (very good) Definitive Tech (excellent) Marantz (very good) REL (very good) Sony (good,yes sony when you enter a back door, not the main #) My local dealer Woodbridge Stereo (very good) Brian from BMI (excellent). Carol Nelson from MSB Tech (excellent AAA+ real sweetheart).
Worst customer service? Why that would have to be Woodbridge Stereo in West Caldwell, NJ. About two years ago I went into their absolutely empty showroom and encountered two young salesman hacking around on the internet for five minutes before even looking up at me. I told them I was there to audition the Adcom GCD-750 cd player. After a few minutes more of waiting an older salesman came out and took me into a listening room. Just as we entered the room a young couple came in and announced that they were interested in a home theatre system. The salesman( can you believe this!) walked right out of the room , took them into another showroom, closed the door and began a lengthy demonstration. I waited in the soundroom and in front of the home theatre room in full view of this jerk and he ignored me for twenty minutes. Finally, I walked out, past the internet junkies who didn't even raise their heads.
An hour later I called Woodbridge Stereo and told the offending salesman how incredibly rude he was. I told him my visit was a serious inquiry and I would take my business elsewhere. I will never buy anything from Woodbridge Stereo. Beware!