Buyer's remorse - your worst purchase?

We've all done it - you just want to kick yourself for spending the money on a stupid tweak or something. High expectations, great reviews, no results. Help me out as I am new to the audiophile world and feel myself being sucked in by ads and hype.
grandpoobah
Megasam: I got my pair of HTS2000's from Global Mart, and bought a couple of demo units they had for $105 each. At that price, I feel like I got a great deal.
Probably the KAV300CD was the worst because it was grinding and unlistenable in the long run. The Classe CDP.5 was exactly the same as a Marantz 63SE sound wise so I consider it a Rip Off. Two of the most bogus products in High End Audio.
Did you try the HTS 2500? I to am ready to pull the tigger on the Monster but like the rack mount style of the 2500 as opposed to the 2000. What do you think? Does the 2500 sound like the 2000 and unlike the 3500? Thanks In Advance
I owned a pair of Paradigm Studio 20s for a day or two before packing them up and trading them in (for B&Ws). The drivers sound like a pair of trash can lids, and the sound was very boxed in. They're garbage just like the rest of the paradigm line.