Plasma TV Power Conditioner Discussion

Typical 50 inch plasma TVs pull a 480 watt or 4 amp load. Some informed shops recommend using a isolated Richard Gray 400 for only the plasma to protect from surge and to condition the line. However, others recommend going stright into a dedicated line with upgraded outlets. There are many more ideas such as using a capacitor across the line to reject noise.

For those of us with new plasmas, a discussion on this topic would be greatly appreciated with the hope of a reasonable solution.
drmreed
There's a LOT of such discussion on www.avsforum.com but the conclusions split into two camps: Those who see a difference and those who don't. While it may be due to how good or bad an individual's AC supply is to begin with, I'd suggest you get a dedicated line at the outset before fooling with bandaids.

Note that we are talking about AC conditioning, not AC protection devices. The latter is essential to mental health.

Kal
I'm using a dedicated 20 amp line and feeding my home theater with the EP15/SP15 ExactPower combo. Balanced power to all devices except the Power amp and Subwoofer.

The picture difference is quite significant. Blacker blacks, more depth and smoother picture. The plasma is a 42" Hitachi.

Regards,

Marc
The Running Springs Audio power conditioners work fantastic for plasmas. Just installed one today to power a 50" Marantz. Blacker blacks - Whiter whites and less video noise. Not only will it clean up the line, it will voltage regulate and protect against spikes.