Sound Proof???

Hello All,

The neighbors are starting to complain. I have neighbors above & below me in an apartment complex.

Is there away to absorb or reflect sound?

june
6month
Here is what i did when i lived in an apartment.
Go to each one of yer neighbors, tell them you recieved a complaint from somone and tell them you feel you should apologize to your neightbors. Ask them if there is anything specific that is causing the problem, Bass, Sheer Volume, Highs, etc, etc.
Then give them your number, tell them you really enjoy listening to music and that if you ever get too loud to have them call you directly and assure them you will turn it down.

Next time, whoever was complaining will call you directly and you will know who the whiney bastard is who reported you. Go out, slash thier tires, Key thier car, and piss in the gass tank! Then kick down thier door, smack them around thier apartment with a club, and tell them that is a warning for interrupting your music, and next time they complain to anybody you will come back and finish the job, after all, you know where they live.

Presto! No more troubles with neighbors complaining about sound! It is a heck of a lot cheaper than soundproffing yer apartment! :) You can use the money saved to buy a new subwoofer!

-Disclaimer, Slappy is the worst person you could ever take advice from-
Along slappy's lines: go to a neighber after playing loud and ask if they heard the annoying bass. As bass in non-directional it's hard to disginguish exactly where it's coming from. This way as word starts to spread, you were one of the early complainers and will be off the hook unitl some nosey rosey figures it out. Might buy you sometime.
Somewhere at this very moment.....all across America! There are probably at LEAST 25... or maybe even twenty-SEVEN audio enthusiasts out there....slashing tires!!! keying Cars!!!
Pissin' in GASTANKS!!!!!!
Thanks for the responses.

I'll try to reduce the bass for now. I'm using Paradigm's studio 100's & a 12' sub. I'll also introduce myself to the neighbors and let them know the system will be used until 11pm Mon-Fri.

Slappy, you are hilarious!!!!!!

june
you may still get complaints no matter the time...I think your pretty much SOL...this should be a warning to all Agon members who are looking to move into a condo from a house...You'd better make sure you're either in a steel & concrete Hi-Rise or a building built in the early 20th century...definitely not one of the new wood framed POS low rise apartments & condos that are being slung up nationwide.

I'd be bummed if I didn't live in the house, I have the tunes going until 3 or 4 in the morning quite frequently...sounds best then anyways!

Good luck with the neighbors...do I have any advice...probably none that is worth a damn...but I think Slapppy is on to something...hmmmm.

Ellery