Have Rogue Monoblocks, now what?

After hearing some Rogue equipment (and reading all the comments on Audiogon) I was able to get a pair of the monoblocks for a great price on Ebay. Now I need to figure out the next upgrade step. I have a Conrad Johnson PV5, and wonder what might match the Rogue well (besides, of course the Rogue preamps.) Or would I do better to get some NOS tubes for the CJ? I'd like to keep the preamp upgrade under $2000. I'm using Proac Tablettes now, but they'll get upgraded eventually as well. I listen to all kinds of music. Thanks.
sgreenberg
Fpeel,I agree to a point but in most cases In particular with Melos they made gear that broke down and then there customer service was horrible.Yes some good brands have gone down but Melos died the death they deserved.There customer service was possibly the worst in the industry.
Go figure there is enough of the bad stuff out there that a third party is making a living fixing it.
Is this a product you want to snuggle up to.
leafs, if melos equipment dint sound so good, no one wood be able to make a living fixing it. i have an opportunity to buy a pair of their amps, configured either as 400wpc monoblocs, or 200wpc stereo amps. i *wish* i could afford 'em... i'm *not* worried about 'em breaking, i'm more interested in the sound.

but, to be honest, leafs, ewe may have a point - i've always been more concerned w/performance. the wife & i have four cars between us - oldest a '72, newest a '92. *all* italian... ;~) truth be known, they're all *at least* as reliable as any other asian, european, or american cars we've come across.

doug s.

Hi All -

Thanks for your input, some of which has been very helpful. Unfortunately, I seem to have started a little war here that is pretty much off my subject matter. If we could go back to my basic question, that would be great. If not, maybe someone should start another string more appropriately titled to what you've been discussing.
sgreenburg, yure rite, & i aploogize. my 1st post was a simple attempt to answer your question, it specifically *was* on the subject matter. when i was rudely attacked, i felt compelled to defend myself. ya, i guess it's a little war. in hindsight, i tink it wood have been appropriate to simply respond to leafs w/someting like: yeah, sure leafs, whatever...

sorry, doug s.

What tube types does the PV5 use and what is now installed in the unit? This may be a better first step depending on what's in there tube wise now.