Best Universal Player for DVD's , CD's w/ dvd-a

I am interested in purchasing a universal player. I am probably going to get the Rotel RSP 1066 which has one set of multi-channel inputs. I was told that a universal player was probably the way to go. I understand that Pioneer has the chroma bug. I am looking for something under $1,000. I read quite a bit and was going to get the Panasonic rp 82, but can only find "code free" for about $360.

Any hot tips or suggestions? Chuck
chucke
Check out the new Denon. I think the model number is 2900. Sounds great and simply outstanding for less than a grand new.
The Cal dvd 2500 is the best I have seen and heard for movies bar none. It upsamples cd's and sounds as good as most standalone players costing three times as much.Dan
is correct that you can find the 2500 for 900 to 1000 or
below. contact me for more info

Hifi111
Samsung HD-1000.

Check out the AVS forum link.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=234793&perpage=30&pagenumber=1
The Cal Labs CL-2500 DVD player does not play DVD-Audio. It does play 24/96 DADS.
The Pioneer DVD 45A (at about $400) really does play both DVD-A and SACD, which some other players mentioned above do not. It is solidly built and sounds good to me...don't be put off by the low price. (Perhaps I should say: don't be distracted by the high prices of other players).

Regarding the "Chroma bug"...do some research on this. Most players (even High End ones) have it, and depending on your video equipment and the type of movies you watch, you may not even see the "problem".