Switched from well known Amp to Odyssey

Has any own swtched from a well know hi-end amp, such as Krell, Levinson, Rowland, Plinius to the Odyssey Stratos amp? The reviews seem to be overwhelmingly positive for the price relative to other amps. I believe its possible but I just wanted input from owners who made the switch and why? Is it reminiscent of any previously owned amp or unique?
labtek004eea
Chris,

Inputs are all SE (including the XLRs) and so are the outputs. Klaus told me adding the balanced stuff adds considerable more circuitry and complexity to the amplifier.
Thanks Lenard. I wonder if Odyssey sould consider making a fully balanced unit for an extra fee. Maybe I'll call them and see what Klaus has to say.

Chris
Thorty40 (Chris), I doubt it after talking to Klaus. Remember the circuitry in the Odyssey has been fine tuned for over 20 years according to Klaus....also remember just because it is balanced doesn't make it better.

Balanced ciruits are necessary in high noise environments such as in radio stations or in recording studios where there is RF/EMI.....and wires are bundled closely together.

The Odyssey was designed for home environments unlike the Brystons which also serve as "pro" gear. If you live close to AM or FM transmitting towers then look a fully balanced audio system....otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.