Best Amp/Pre-amp Combo for 1500

What would be the best amp/pre-amp combo for no more than $1500 total? Only solid state gear.
phish60
Spectral DMC-10 and DMA-50 for around $1500. Very high
end and very high resolution. Beats any combo mentioned
above plus Spectral service is first rate.
I agree with the above...in that range, check out the integrateds. Popular opinions have seemed to change over the last few years. Many people are now saying that integrateds can be better than seperates. Apparently, the shorter signal path is now more important than the isolation. Most high-end companies are making excellent integrated amps, and for $1500, you should be able to buy a great one (especially on the used market).
How about letting us know what type of speakers your using, types of music that dominate your listening time, size of your room, etc... This would give those willing to suggest something a little better idea as to where your coming from. After all, something that requires LOTS of power will never work well with a small ( yet excellent sounding ) amp, bass heavy speakers will not work with "warm" electronics, etc... There is a LOT more to building a GOOD SYSTEM than just buying "good components" and wiring them all up. It is a matter of finding pieces that work together for best system synergy. Sean
>
i highly recommend electrocompaniet, if ewe insist on solid-state. check out the ec-3 or ec-4 integrated, or an ec-4.5 or ec-4.6 preamp w/an electrocompaniet amp - aw60/75/100. if ya buy used, it will be ~$1500.

personally, i'd recommend an electro amp w/a (melos) tube preamp - this combo works great for me. alternatively, i'd check out the pathos classic one integrated amp - a hybrid, w/solid-state amp & tubed preamp. retailing for ~$2k, i've seen it used for ~$1200. it has remote control & is drop-dead georgeous, if appearance means anything to ya... ;~)

good luck, doug s.

After my initial post, a few other thoughts struck me. If you are willing to buy used gear, you should seriously consider the Adcom GFP-750 preamp, one of the best on the market (rated a "Class A" component by Stereophile). The "750" is often listed on Audiogon for about $750, and you will simply not do better for the money. You could pair the GFP-750 with used amps from Adcom (5500), B&K, or Rotel and have a very nice system for under $1500.