Help with purchase of power conditioner

Hello, Ive recently been looking into buying a power conditioner but I don't know much about them. My budget is limited to 300 dollars new or used. My setup is as follows

Fronts: Paradigm mini monitors
Center: Paradigm studio cc
Surrounds: Paradigm ADP 350
Sub: Paradigm PW 2200
sony dvd player(budget player)
Onkyo Integra dtr-7 reciever
monster cable interconnects and speaker cables
Old magnavox 27" tv(next upgrade)

I've never had any experience with power conditioners and would really appreciate your input.
rigo_19
I know that your budget is limited to $300,but if you can little bit up your budget to $350-$400,you can find used Richard Gray 400 !
Quote: "Those switches (two of them) on the Vansevers Reference conditioners that "don't do anything" are transient impedance switches. They are for tweeking the transients of the high and mid treble."

Sugarbrie: that's Vans Evers copywriting! Open the thing and see the emperor's new clothes for yourself...

Zaikesman: not everything that is transformer based will automatically work right. However, if properly executed they're a very effective solution. My 3000W ONEAC 220V beast works beautifully...so does my Power Var (just my DAC is plugged to it). As for TPT, it is not for surge protection. It is a materials treatment Tice has designed. Sort of a very powerful cable cooker. It works. I have talked with George Tice several times--he's a very forward and helpful person. The reason he has not patented TPT is that if he does he would have to reveal the process and then he'd only get a few years of protection. Also, he's a small time operator w/out the financial resources to chase everyone who would infringe on his patent rights. Tice has a 30 day money back guarantee--buy a TPT treated power cord and try it in your system. Plug your TV to it and watch...

Sean: my CDP and tuner don't like each other, too. Also, my DAC is the worst polluter in my system. It throws a lot of noise back in the power line.
No, not copywriting. I have spoken to Mike Vansevers myself about these switches. Mike has even personally modified one of his units for me. I have been using Vansevers for years; done extensive listening while playing with those switches, so I know what they do from long hours (years) of personal experience.

All you have done is look inside and saw some wire you can't explain. Since the Digital 12 does not have screws to open the case, it would indicate you must have pried it open (broke it) to look inside. You would then unable to put the case back together properly, so it must now be unusable.

Mike is an electrical engineer by training and former pro-audio engineer with over 30 years experience working with sound. For those interested in finding out more, you can read this extensive article in Soundstage.

http://www.soundstage.com/noisy15.htm

I like Tice also. I recommended them above.

I checked and "TPT" stands for "Tice Power Technology" Therefore it is just be some letters added for marketing purposes to make whatever they do to treat their power cords sound cool; the same as Adcom calling their surge protection setup "ILS Technology". Does not really matter as long as it works. Looks like George Tice burns/breaks-in the cable some, so it sounds better new out of the box. If so, it's perfectly fine and a good idea.

The following is cut and paste directly from Tice website:

The TPT treatment has already shown great potential for use in medical / laboratory imaging equipment, communications and general electronics.

Then he adds later:

At present TPT treated products are only available from Tice Audio.

Talk about marketing hype! He wants to imply his technique is a scientific marvel that could potentially save human lives; but he refuses to point to anyone who is actually using it other than him. At the very least he would have licensed the technology by now if there was demand for it from other industries. (After 12 years) Or he would mentioned companies he sells treated wires to. Instead we get vague statements that can't be verified.

Scotty: Beam me up.

Quote: "All you have done is look inside and saw some wire you can't explain. Since the Digital 12 does not have screws to open the case, it would indicate you must have pried it open (broke it) to look inside. You would then unable to put the case back together properly, so it must now be unusable."

I did not purchase the unit. Someone who's very knowledgable in these forums, electronics and really up to date on line conditioners showed me the unit...

All you have to do is purchase a Tice power cord or interconnect--it has a 30 day money back guarantee. I think TPT is a cable cooking process. As for myself, I am definitely going to get a 10-12 ft stretch of 8 ga TPT treated cord and make my own power strip.
I've heard a significant reduction in noise and improved definition and subtlety in a friend's audio system, since he started using a Monster Power conditioner (model 2000). He has very noisy power coming into his house, attributed to the school across the street from him and a power substation nearby.

My power is not usually as noisy, and I have solid state amplification (my friend uses tubes), but my cable and power lines have been hit by lightning. So, for $125, I'll also soon get the Monster 2000 and hope for some audible improvement, along with the lightning insurance.