Best Balanced and singal ended pre-amp?

Looking for suggestios on my next pre-amp. Needs to be balanced and unbalanced as well as tubed? BAT VK50se would be a consideration if it had rca outputs..as well as the Hovland looks promising but it's only single-ended. I guess that probably leaves an AR unit to check out, although I'm not too fond of AR's styling. The pre-amp must be easily compatible with a variety of amps, both ss and tubed.
Thanks in advance for your opinions. Phono isn't a must but would be a plus. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
jman
Another option that is being overlooked is either the Pass Labs X1 or X0. Both units offer both balanced and single ended connections. I believe the two chassis X1 to be in the $5,000 to $6,000 price range while the three chassis X0 is around $8,000.00. Both are extremely good preamps.
sf line 3 is an incredible piece...listening for 2 years and it still seems to be improving its sound quality. i suspect the power supply is still adjusting and therefore the sound is improving. good power ='s great audio. good luck
The best and I really mean the very best, I have ever heard is the ThorTA-100 single ended pre-amp. After numerous years of trial and errors with other very good and again I really mean very good pre-amps, the Thor made the magical connention for my Lamm M2.1 monobloc amps and Kharma Ceramique 1 speakers ,to further add to the magic the Electrocompanient EMC1 CD playback has brought the system into another Stratosphere!!! I truley believe the Thor is the orchestrator of this wonderful miracle , so true to the natural music that I hear,without a hint of a system playing , rather pure music baby. Yeah , this system rocks!!!!