Rogue 66 vs Rogue 99

The Rogue 66 has received a lot of attention recently, but I haven't heard much about the 99. The Rogue 99 uses a much different circuit design and complement of tubes. Anyone heard the 99, or even better, been able to A/B the 66 against the 99?
1439bhr
Take Sedond view with a grain of salt.He did not even have 5 hours of breakin on his unit before he was complaining about it.i think he might have had 50 hours on it before he sold it.He did not give it a chance to break it in.
The proposed method (place a resistor across the preamp output, listen for volume change) for measuring the preamp output impedance is a blunt instrument, at best, absent proper instrumentation. Here's why: Suppose that a preamp is able to produce an open cicuit voltage Vs. If its internal impedance Rs is much less than the load impedance Rload, then Vload = Vs. When a resistor Rtest << Rload is placed in parallel with the preamp output (and therefore, in parallel with Rload), then Rtest dominates the load seen by the preamp. Thus the voltage delivered to the load is Vload = Vs*Rtest/(Rtest + Rs). This means if Rtest = Rs, the voltage drops to 0.5 Vs, which is a 6 dB drop in power to the load (power delivered to Rload is P = (Vload**2)/Rload). Let Vratio = Vload/Vs, and we can rearrange the equation to get Rs = Rtest(1-Vratio)/Vratio. For a 3 dB drop in power, Vratio = 0.707, meaning Rs = 0.41 Rtest. For a 1 dB drop in power, Rs = 0.12*Rtest. So, depending on how sensitive you are in detecting a volume change, there can be very wide variability in your estimate of source impedance (in this example, a 1-6 dB volume range corresponds to an 8:1 range of estimated source impedances). Bottom line: to measure source impedance, careful instrumentation is needed. The proposed test, without measurements, can only given an order-of-magnitude estimate at best.
1439bhr,

yure correct, only an order-of-magnitude estimate is possible. as i was told by the designer, but he suggested this was a good place to start. however, the cary, rated at 850 ohms output impedence, was at least an order of magnitude better (lower output impedemnce) in my testing, than the rogue.

leafs, while yure correct that i started complaining *immediately*, after using my rogue, i had over 600 hours on it prior to selling, including over 200 hours on nos tubes i bought, to try & *fix* it. the nos tubes helped, but weren't enuff...

regards, doug