PRojector v. RPTV

Given the dramatic decrease in price of projectors, would you recommend going the projector route and a wall screeen or a large RPTV?

The costs are not that different now and was looking for input from the group.

Thanks.
rbischoff
Depends. Are you a tweaker or do you prefer plug-and-play? Do you have very good room light control? How big a screen do you want?
Light control is pretty good. Somewhat of a tweaker. Would like a large screen if possiblew?
Well, "pretty good" and "somewhat" don't inspire a lot of confidence in recommending a CRT-based FPTV. If you are not a rabid videophile who cannot tolerate less-than-black-blacks you may be happiest with a LCD/DLP/D-ILA based projector. Done any homework on those yet?
The lines aren't quite as close a one might believe. 3 gun projectors still rule. However they are costly;and require special set up, sometimes outboard scalers/ doublers.

The one eyed lcds & dlps have there own set of complications. #1 with me is the Sony lcd light bulb/ it is a $500.item. #2 would be black level.

Everything I read about the rear projection 16x9 hdtvs, is their less than stellar performance on ntsc programing.If you watch sports,hbo,etc this becomes an issue for those of us with great older displays.(2/3 year old sets)While they all make your dvds better,that is't enough for me to take the big dollar plunge.--Just yet!