CRT or LCD or DLP projector ?

Is CRT technology still the way to go for best picture quality?
rogerwalk
I will offer no option except that CRT's do have the edge, (I also own the Sony 11HT). The best advice is to go to various dealers, check the prices as to what you can afford and make your own decision.

I will say that setup of CRT's while more complicated is way over blown. If you are a tweaker, you can build a color meter and do a pretty fair job, also some of the other forums out there can help.

Two minor points.

LCD/DLP/DILA - setup very easy but bulb life short (1K to 2K hours on average)

CRT - setup is more complicated, but CRT life in the 10K to 20K range.

Hope this helps.
Thomas Tomczak
how about the picture on these giant single gun barcos. thier is one on audiogon for 5k. retail 85k . does this beat crts?
try to find a used sony g-70 with low hours one the tubes.
you wont be sory.!!!!!
try also to conect it with the dvdo pro.
they works great.
haim.
CRT's are still the best .
Regarding the Sony VPH-G70
This comment was made by a technician at the largest used projector store in the UK .
"G70's are expensive even used , I have 2 in stock but both are expensive because we generally have to fit 2 or 3 new tubes. They are very heavy on tubes when used commercially because they are really to bright for there own good. I have one we put 3 tubes in at 1927 hours and one we put 2 tubes in at 3800 hours, that gives you some idea of potential problems with a used G70 that has not been privately owned and used."